BA (HONS) MARKETING WITH DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONSDigital interactive technologies for effective business solutions
ABOUT THE COURSE
The programme is designed to enable students to acquire knowledge and skills by combining theoretical concepts and practical applications. It develops students’ expertise and competencies through a variety of learning, teaching and assessment approaches, allowing them to apply their skills and learning to address various challenges and issues in the industry.
This programme is a response to the demands and fast pacing changes in the market. It provides students with a competitive framework of an attractive and appropriate mix of modules embracing all subject areas related to Marketing in a Digital Communications context.The course offers a serious foundation in business, communications and quantitative techniques and, develops the interpersonal and employability skills necessary for succeeding at work.
The programme is designed to develop you both intellectually and academically. It is based on consolidating Hertfordshire’s successful and award-winning track record as a business-facing and enterprising University and BHSAD’s experience in delivering BA (Hons) programmes in Russia, proven contacts with digital creative agencies and multinational clients from various industries.
The programme will be launched (day time delivery) in Sept 2019.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Knowledge and Understanding
- The key marketing concepts, practices and underpinning theory
- The complexities of organisations, in particular the way in which marketing interacts with other key business functions.
- The external environmental influence on the organisation and marketing management.
- Contemporary issues which impact marketing such as innovation, creativity and enterprise; e-commerce, sustainability, business ethics and globalisation.
- Theoretical concepts and vocationally relevant information associated with chosen specialism.
- The role of advertising within the marketing and communications mix.
- The nature of relationship between clients, agencies, suppliers and media owners in the advertising and communications industry.
- Utilise cognitive skills of critical thinking
- Utilise cognitive skills of analysis
- Utilise cognitive skills of synthesis
- Assess theory and provide opinion based on reading and use of relevant theory
- Integrate marketing theory with the consideration of practice through the “applied’ modules using contemporary case studies, simulations, guest speakers and links with live projects.
- Construct a realistic creative and client brief based on a contemporary campaign.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively in a team
- Make use of effective problem solving and decision making using appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Work independently, effectively and to set deadlines
- Make effective use of Information Technology
- Demonstrate the ability to use academic, enterprise and employability skills in both scholarly and work-based environments
- Operate in the dynamic global arena and to appreciate contemporary and cross- cultural difference.
What makes the course unique?
What makes the course unique?
EFFECTIVE PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
AN INTERNATIONAL CAREER BUILDING
Core modules:Marketing Data Analysis (15 credits)
Principles of Marketing (15 credits)
Digital Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
Creativity, Technology and Innovation (15 credits)
Professional Development for Marketers (30 credits)
Foundations of Economics for Marketers (15 credits)
Introduction to Marketing Communications (15 credits)
Digital Marketing in Practice (15 credits)
Enhancing Employability in Marketing (15 credits)
Strategic Marketing Planning (15 credits)
Understand Customers (15 credits)
Mobile Business Technologies (15 credits)
Managing People (15 credits)
Enterprise (15 credits)
Consumer Behaviour (15 credits)
Web Analytics and Social Media Monitoring (15 credits)
Agency Relations (15 credits)
Contemporary Issues in Marketing (15 credits)
Global Marketing Ethics and Culture (15 credits)
Market and Social Research (30 credits)
Optional Modules, Select 30 credits:
Managing Media and Communications (30 credits) ABV
Dissertation – Marketing (including Research Methods) (30 credits) AB
Advanced Integrated Marketing Internship (including Research Methods) (30 credits) AB
1. All applicants from countries where English is not the preferred language of communication, must present the current certificate - not less than 6 points on the scale of the international test IELTS (academic module, not less than 5.5 for each parameter). As a confirmation of the level of English language proficiency, CAE and FCE certificates are issued, issued not more than 2 years before the date of submission of the document to the Admissions Committee of the BHSAD and a TOEFL certificate with a total score of 72 and above (reading 18, letter 17, listening 17, oral part 20).
2. Students with UK qualifications:
- a minimum of two 4 unit qualifications (e.g. A Levels), one 8 unit qualification (e.g. Pearson BTEC Diploma) or one 12 unit qualification (e.g. Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma).
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C (Grade 4 if completed from 2017 onwards).
Students with Russian educational qualifications:
Completion of Attestat o srednem (polnom) obshchem obrazovanii, and either pass in First year of a degree programme from a recognised Russian HEI or pass UK foundation degree (in Business Studies, Economics, Marketing or similar area of studies).
Other qualification from various counties will be considered and are subject to approval by BHSAD’s and UH’s admission office on a case-by-case basis.
3. Personal Statement / motivation letter - no more than 2 pages of text (in English)
We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements together with your applications as a whole, including work experience and personal statement, and may make an offer at any point within the stated minimal requirements.
Your application will be considered by the BHSAD’s Admissions office and in the most complicated cases might be subject to approval by University of Hertfordshire. The dates for BHSAD’s admission decisions will be timetabled and published in March 2019 (normally, in June 2019- August 2019 it might take up to 3 weeks for consideration of your application).
For graduates of secondary schools, the successful completion of the BHSAD Foundation Business & Marketing course will be the basis for the transfer to this bachelor program.
The last day of submission of the package of documents is August 20, 2019.
PERIOD OF STUDY
Full time (day time delivery) — 3 years
The level of Year 3 can be completed at BHSAD in Moscow or at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK.
TUITION FEESFull-time: TBA in 2019
Students as a rule pay their tuition fees once a semester, that is, twice a year, but at their request can choose to pay on a monthly basis.
* This proposal does not constitute an offer, the prices are subject to change. Cost of services and conditions of their provision will be specified in the contract.
- Online application form
- Copy of previous education certificates and academic qualifications with a detailed transcript**
- IELTS certificate (Valid on the date of submission of the original to BHSAD’s programmes office)
- 2 photos 3х4 cm
- Copy of your passport
- Personal statement
**Certificate of full secondary education, certificate from the university about the successful completion of at least 1 year of higher education or a diploma of higher education, or BHSAD certificate of the successful completion of Foundation Business & Marketing course.
The school reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all received documents on education. The documents of foreign states are examined on an individual basis.
For applicants applying for the Year 1 program of 3-year British higher education, the decision to enroll is based on the submission of the following documents:
- Valid IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- Evidence of completed secondary \ secondary vocational education, as well as at least one successfully completed years of higher education program (including positive grades in all subjects of the 1st year of study) or Diploma of Higher Education
- Personal Statement \ Motivation letter
For high school graduates, the successful completion of the annual rate BHSAD Foundation Business and Marketing will be the basis for a transfer to this barchelor program.
During the recruitment campaign, the selection committee appoints the dates for consideration of documents whose timetable will be published. The applicant will be informed in writing (by e-mail) about the result within 5 working days from the date of the decision. The Admissions Committee is entitled to request additional documents relating to the incomplete higher education to confirm the success of the results for at least the first year of study.
Submission of documents to the Admissions Committee is possible on any business day after filling out the application (on the website). When submitting documents, it is necessary to submit originals, including passports, copies of which in the presence of the entrant will be certified by the staff of the Admission Committee.
Certificates CAE (Certificate in Advanced English), FCE (First Certificate in English) and other academic certificates are examined on an individual basis.
If the applicant does not have a certificate, but successfully passed the internal testing at the entrance examinations of the British Higher School of Design, he will need to obtain a certificate on his own before the training begins.
In Moscow, there are 2 centers authorized to conduct IELTS testing:
• BKC IELTS Centre - conducts IELTS exams (as well as FCE and CAE);
• Students International IELTS Test Centre - conducts the IELTS exam
Links to resources dedicated to TOEFL:
http://www.toefl.ru/ - general information about the TOEFL exam
http://www.toeflibt.ru/ - information about TOEFL Internet-based test