BA (HONS) MARKETING WITH DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONSInnovative and contemporary solutions in marketing, advertising, web-analytics and social media management
ABOUT THE COURSE
The programme will be launched in September 2018 as a Level 3 programme (full time, day time delivery) and will proceed with the BA (Hons) studies in Sept 2019.
The programme is designed to enable students to acquire knowledge and skills by combining theoretical concepts and practical applications. It develops students’ expertise and competencies through a variety of learning, teaching and assessment approaches, allowing them to apply their skills and learning to address various challenges and issues in the industry.
BA (Hons) Marketing with Digital Communications program is subject to validation by University of Hertfordshire. The final validation event is scheduled on March 2018.
This programme is a response to the demands and fast pacing changes in the market. It provides students with a competitive framework of an attractive and appropriate mix of modules embracing all subject areas related to Marketing in a Digital Communications context.The course offers a serious foundation in business, communications and quantitative techniques and, develops the interpersonal and employability skills necessary for succeeding at work.
The programme is designed to develop you both intellectually and academically. It is based on consolidating Hertfordshire’s successful and award-winning track record as a business-facing and enterprising University and BHSAD’s experience in delivering BA (Hons) programmes in Russia, proven contacts with digital creative agencies and multinational clients from various industries.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Knowledge and Understanding
- The key marketing concepts, practices and underpinning theory
- The complexities of organisations, in particular the way in which marketing interacts with other key business functions.
- The external environmental influence on the organisation and marketing management.
- Contemporary issues which impact marketing such as innovation, creativity and enterprise; e-commerce, sustainability, business ethics and globalisation.
- Theoretical concepts and vocationally relevant information associated with chosen specialism.
- The role of advertising within the marketing and communications mix.
- The nature of relationship between clients, agencies, suppliers and media owners in the advertising and communications industry.
- Utilise cognitive skills of critical thinking
- Utilise cognitive skills of analysis
- Utilise cognitive skills of synthesis
- Assess theory and provide opinion based on reading and use of relevant theory
- Integrate marketing theory with the consideration of practice through the “applied’ modules using contemporary case studies, simulations, guest speakers and links with live projects.
- Construct a realistic creative and client brief based on a contemporary campaign.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively in a team
- Make use of effective problem solving and decision making using appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Work independently, effectively and to set deadlines
- Make effective use of Information Technology
- Demonstrate the ability to use academic, enterprise and employability skills in both scholarly and work-based environments
- Operate in the dynamic global arena and to appreciate contemporary and cross- cultural difference
What makes the course unique?
What makes the course unique?
EFFECTIVE PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
AN INTERNATIONAL CAREER BUILDING
(Level 3 Business Studies - shared year with year 0 of BA (Hons) Marketing and Advertising programme)
Developing a Marketing Campaign
Personal and Business Finance
Managing an Event
Principles of Management
Preparation for IELTS
В рамках первого года обучения на программе студенты проходят интенсивную подготовку в группах соответствующего уровня (от Pre-Intermediate до Advanced), после чего сдают тест IELTS, что является условием перехода на уровень Level 4 (Year 1) бакалавриата.
(Level 4 BA (Hons) programme)
Core modules:Marketing Data Analysis (15 credits)
Principles of Marketing (15 credits)
Digital Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
Creativity, Technology and Innovation (15 credits)
Professional Development for Marketers (30 credits)
Foundations of Economics for Marketers (15 credits)
Introduction to Marketing Communications (15 credits)
Digital Marketing in Practice (15 credits)
Enhancing Employability in Marketing (15 credits)
Strategic Marketing Planning (15 credits)
Understand Customers (15 credits)
Mobile Business Technologies (15 credits)
Managing People (15 credits)
Enterprise (15 credits)
Consumer Behaviour (15 credits)
Web Analytics and Social Media Monitoring (15 credits)
Agency Relations (15 credits)
Contemporary Issues in Marketing (15 credits)
Global Marketing Ethics and Culture (15 credits)
Market and Social Research (30 credits)
Optional Modules, Select 30 credits:
Managing Media and Communications (30 credits) ABV
Dissertation – Marketing (including Research Methods) (30 credits) AB
Advanced Integrated Marketing Internship (including Research Methods) (30 credits) AB
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 5.0 (the CAE and FCE qualifications are considered) or alternatively they must sit BHSAD’s English examination (test) with a minimum score of 55.
Students with Russian educational qualifications:
Completion of Secondary Education - Attestat o srednem (polnom) obshchem obrazovanii
Other qualification from various countries will be considered and are subject to approval by BHSAD’s office on a case-by-case basis.
We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements together with your applications as a whole, including work experience and personal statement, and may make an offer at any point within the stated minimal requirements.
Your application will be considered by the BHSAD’s Admissions office. The dates for BHSAD’s admission decisions will be timetabled and published in March 2018 (normally, in June 2018- August 2018 it might take up to 3 weeks for consideration of your application).
The deadline for submission of the documents is August 20th, 2018).
PERIOD OF STUDY
Full time — 4 years, day time delivery
Full-time: GBP 5990 / year *
Students as a rule pay their tuition fees once a semester, that is, twice a year, but at their request can choose to pay on a monthly basis.
* This proposal does not constitute an offer, the prices are subject to change. Cost of services and conditions of their provision will be specified in the contract.
- Online application form
- Copy of previous education certificates and academic qualifications with a detailed transcript
- IELTS certificate 5.0 minimum, valid on the date of submission of the original to BHSAD’s programmes office (unless the candidate is ready to take BHSAD’s English test)
- 2 photos 3х4 cm
- Copy of your passport
- Personal statement
August 20th, 2018.
Admissions for the 2018-2019 academic year are to be open in Spring 2018.
Students applying for a 4-year programme need to complete the following admission steps:
- submit an on-line application
- submit original documents to BHSAD’s Admissions (a photocopy will be taken in your presence and the documents will be returned to you), including your Personal Statement
- take an English exam (in the absence of an IELTS certificate)
The documents might be presented to the BHSAD’s Admission on any working day after the start of the admissions campaign.
The minimum entry requirement for prospective students during the preliminary examination taken at BSAD is pre-intermediate to intermediate English , alternatively a candidate has to submit to BHSAD’s Admissions an IELTS certificate (min 5.0), or an equal result of:
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English)
- FCE (First Certificate in English)
The total test duration is 2 hours.
The test is carried out in several stages or modules:
Grammar test – 55 questions, 40 minutes, based on Murphy English grammar in use Intermediate;
Reading apprehension – 2 parts, 20 questions, 30 minutes, no electronic version, usually printed and adapted;
Essay writing – 45 minutes, 200-250 words on a topic proposed; e.g. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in?
A 10-break is given before the essay writing.
As a part of Year 0 studies the students undergo intensive training in groups of respective levels (from Pre-Intermediate to Advanced). At the end of the year students are required to take the IELTS test which is a prerequisite for moving to the Year 1 of BA degree.
A decision on offering a place on a 4-year programme will be taken by BHSAD’s Admissions. If a candidate is not required to pass BHSAD’s English test, then Admissions will be able to make a decision based on the assessment of the submitted documents. The first Admissions Committee meeting is scheduled for April 15th, 2018.
Detailed timetable of further examinations and Admissions meetings will be published in spring 2018.
All applicants will be informed about the decisions within 5 working days by e-mail.