Evgeny Arinin, graduate of BA (Hons) Product & Industrial Design programme, won two silver awards at the international design competition A' Design Award in Lighting Products and Lighting Projects Design category with his Lumin table lamp project and in Street Furniture Design category with his design of the traffic-light system Navi 2.0.
Evgeny got his idea for the Lumin lamp when he was still studying at the BHSAD and 7 years later managed to create a functional product that combine modern technology and sleek design.
The concept of Navi 2.0 traffic-light system boasts the convenient and intuitively clear design that anticipates the user's thoughts and allows them to respond more quickly to road signs. The integration of navigation elements identified it as a truly self-sufficient element of the road and transport infrastructure. Arrows are able to show the way the driver could use saving the time and providing the better understanding. This project won several awards at the international design fairs:
- Grand-Prix, Lexus Design Award, RTC, 2016, Russia
- Finalist, Lexus Design Award, 2017, Italy
- 3rd Place, Lighting + Building, 2017, Russia
- Future Maker, Global Innovator Conference, 2017, China
- Bronze, A Design Awards, 2018, Italy
- Shortlist, German Design Awards, 2018, Denmark
- Finalist, Meaning Centred Design, 2018, United Kingdom
- Shortlist, China Good Design Award, 2018, China
- Silver, A Design Awards, 2019, Italy.
The award ceremony will take place on 28 June at Lake Como in Italy. We congratulate Evgeny on this achievement.