The course will form the basis of a theoretical ‘toolkit’ which can be used, shaped and further adapted by practicing fashion designers, established design studios and creative directors who would like to develop their creativity and gain insights into innovative approaches to fashion design conceptualisation and development.
The course will consist of a series of lectures, workshops and seminars which will help unlock new thinking to support the design process to develop both capsule and larger scale collections and help you to consider fresh approaches to fashion design for the contemporary global context’
This course is for:
- Fashion professionals who would like to to refresh and upgrade their conceptual design skills and gain insights into international educational strategies for creative fashion design.
- Fashion professionals who would like to gain deeper insights into design structure, creative strategy and ‘anatomy’ of a contemporary fashion collection and apply this to their own label, company or design team.
The course is taught in English. Required level of English for participants is IELTS 6 or higher.
1. Concept, Storytelling & Narrative
2. Research, Starting Points & Translation
3. Creative Design Development
4. Editing, Resolution & Presentation