Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in the marketing and advertising industry. In addition to a serious academic base and business-oriented marketing part of the programme, students will acquire skills to develop a creative concept, plan and manage an advertising campaign, critically analyze it and evaluate its results.
A more detailed idea about the profession of a marketer and prospects in this area can be obtained from the following article.
Knowledge and Understanding
- The key marketing concepts, practices and underpinning theory
- Utilise cognitive skills of critical thinking
- Integrate marketing theory using contemporary case studies, simulations, guest speakers and links with live projects
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Optional Modules, Select 30 credits,15 credits per Semester:Strategic Brand Management (15 credits)
1. All applicants from countries where English is not the preferred language of communication, must provide a valid English proficiency certificate – IELTS 6 points or higher (academic module, minimum of 5.5 for each unit). CAE and FCE certificates, issued not more than 2 years before the date of submission to the Admissions Committee, and a TOEFL certificate with a total score of 72 and above (reading 18, letter 17, listening 17, oral part 20) are also accepted.
2. Students with UK qualifications:
- a minimum of two 4 unit qualifications (e.g. A Levels), one 8 unit qualification (e.g. Pearson BTEC Diploma) or one 12 unit qualification (e.g. Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma).
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C (Grade 4 if completed from 2018 onwards).For graduates of secondary schools, the successful completion of the Foundation Business and Marketing course will be the basis for the transfer to this bachelor program in 2020.
Students with Russian educational qualifications:
Completion of Certificate of full secondary education, and either a pass in First year of a degree programme from a recognised Russian HEI or a pass of the UK foundation degree (in Business Studies, Economics, Marketing or similar area of studies).
Other qualification from various counties are subject to approval by the BHSAD’s and UH’s admission office on a case-by-case basis.
3. Personal Statement / motivation letter – maximum 2 pages (in English)
We have a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will look at your educational achievements together with your applications as a whole, including work experience and personal statement, and may make an offer at any point within the stated minimal requirements.
Your application will be considered by the BHSAD’s Admissions office. In most difficult cases it might be subject to approval by the University of Hertfordshire. The dates for BHSAD’s admission decisions will be published in March 2019 (normally it takes up to 3 weeks to make a decision on your application).
Graduates of secondary schools must first successfully complete the Foundation Business and Marketing course to enroll to this BA programme.
**Certificate of full secondary education, certificate from the university about the successful completion of at least 1 year of higher education or a diploma of higher education, or the BHSAD certificate of a successful completion of Foundation Business & Marketing course.
The school reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all received documents on education. The documents of foreign states are considered on an individual basis.
Level 6.0 on the IELTS test (academic module, minimum 5.5 for each unit) or TOEFL with a total score of 72 and above (reading 18, letter 17, listening 17, oral part 20).
Certificates CAE (Certificate in Advanced English), FCE (First Certificate in English) and other academic certificates are considered on an individual basis.
If the applicant does not have a certificate, but successfully passed the internal test of the British Higher School of Art and Design, they will need to obtain a certificate on his own before the training begins.
In Moscow, there are 2 centers authorized to conduct IELTS testing:
BKC IELTS Centre - conducts IELTS exams (as well as FCE and CAE);
Students International IELTS Test Centre - conducts the IELTS exam
Links to resources dedicated to TOEFL:
http://www.toefl.ru/ - general information about the TOEFL exam
http://www.toeflibt.ru/ - information about TOEFL Internet-based test