This programme is a response to the demands and fast pacing changes in the market. It provides students with a competitive framework of an attractive and appropriate mix of modules embracing all subject areas related to Marketing in a Digital Communications context.
The course offers a serious foundation in business, communications and quantitative techniques and, develops the interpersonal and employability skills necessary for succeeding at work.
The programme is designed to develop you both intellectually and academically. It is based on consolidating Hertfordshire’s successful and award-winning track record as a business-facing and enterprising University and BHSAD’s experience in delivering BA (Hons) programmes in Russia, proven contacts with digital creative agencies and multinational clients from various industries.
Principles of Marketing (15 credits)
Digital Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
Creativity, Technology and Innovation (15 credits)
Professional Development for Marketers (30 credits)
Foundations of Economics for Marketers (15 credits)
Introduction to Marketing Communications (15 credits)
Enhancing Employability in Marketing (15 credits)
Strategic Marketing Planning (15 credits)
Understand Customers (15 credits)
Mobile Business Technologies (15 credits)
Managing People (15 credits)
Enterprise (15 credits)
Consumer Behaviour (15 credits)
Students have the option to complete their final year of study at Hertfordshire Business School in the UK or at BHSAD (subject to meeting the requirements for progression from level 4 to level 5 study).
Agency Relations (15 credits)
Contemporary Issues in Marketing (15 credits)
Global Marketing Ethics and Culture (15 credits)
Market and Social Research (30 credits)
Optional Modules, Select 30 credits:
Managing Media and Communications (30 credits) ABV
Dissertation – Marketing (including Research Methods) (30 credits) AB
Advanced Integrated Marketing Internship (including Research Methods) (30 credits) AB
- Valid IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- Certificates of previous education (completed secondary / secondary vocational education, as well as at least one successfully completed year in the higher education programme, including positive grades in all subjects of the first year of study, or a diploma of higher education)
- Personal Statement \ Motivation letter
During the recruitment campaign, the selection committee appoints the dates for consideration of documents whose timetable will be published. The applicant will be informed about the result within 5 working days from the date of the decision. The Admissions Committee is entitled to request additional documents relating to the incomplete higher education to confirm the success of the results for at least the first year of study.
Submission of documents to the Admissions Committee is possible on any business day after filling out the application (on the website). When submitting documents, it is necessary to submit originals, including passports, copies of which will be certified by the staff of the Admission Committee.
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) grade C or above;
- FCE (First Certificate in English) grade A.
If a prospective student does not have an IELTS certificate of the required level but successfully passed BHSAD English test as part of BHSAD entrance exams, he/she needs to obtain an IELTS certificate before the start of the first semester on Year 1.
1. All applicants from countries where English is not the preferred language of communication, must provide a valid English proficiency certificate – IELTS 6 points or higher (academic module, minimum of 5.5 for each unit). CAE and FCE certificates, issued not more than 2 years before the date of submission to the Admissions Committee, and a TOEFL certificate with a total score of 72 and above (reading 18, letter 17, listening 17, oral part 20) are also accepted.
2. Students with UK qualifications:
- a minimum of two 4 unit qualifications (e.g. A Levels), one 8 unit qualification (e.g. Pearson BTEC Diploma) or one 12 unit qualification (e.g. Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma).
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C (Grade 4 if completed from 2018 onwards).
For graduates of secondary schools, the successful completion of the Foundation Business and Marketing course will be the basis for the transfer to this bachelor program in 2020.
Students with Russian educational qualifications:
Completion of Certificate of full secondary education, and either a pass in First year of a degree programme from a recognised Russian HEI or a pass of the UK foundation degree (in Business Studies, Economics, Marketing or similar area of studies).
Other qualification from various counties are subject to approval by the BHSAD’s and UH’s admission office on a case-by-case basis.
3. Personal Statement / motivation letter – maximum 2 pages (in English)
We have a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will look at your educational achievements together with your applications as a whole, including work experience and personal statement, and may make an offer at any point within the stated minimal requirements.
Your application will be considered by the BHSAD’s Admissions office. In most difficult cases it might be subject to approval by the University of Hertfordshire. The dates for BHSAD’s admission decisions will be published in March 2019 (normally it takes up to 3 weeks to make a decision on your application).
Graduates of secondary schools must first successfully complete the Foundation Business and Marketing course to enroll to this BA programme.
- Copy of previous education certificates and academic qualifications with a detailed transcript**
- IELTS certificate (Valid on the date of submission of the original to the BHSAD’s admission office)
- 2 photos 3х4 cm
- Copy of your passport
- Personal statement
**Certificate of full secondary education, certificate from the university about the successful completion of at least 1 year of higher education or a diploma of higher education, or the BHSAD certificate of a successful completion of Foundation Business & Marketing course.
The school reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all received documents on education. The documents of foreign states are considered on an individual basis.
Students, as a rule, pay their tuition fees once a semester, that is, twice a year, but at their request can choose to pay on a monthly basis.
* This proposal does not constitute an offer, the prices are subject to change. Cost of services and conditions of their provision will be specified in the contract.
- online application form
- copy or the original of previous education certificates and academic qualifications.
- 2 photos 3×4
- copy of your passport
After the necessary documents are provided you need to sign the contracts. For applicants under 18 presence of one of the parents is required. More details about the application process can be found in the “How to apply” section of the website.