This practical and contemporary course has been designed to give the best preparation for a career in marketing, brand development, communications, media or small business and enterprise.
This programme will be launched in September 2020.
Detailed information about the profession of a marketologist and prospects in this area can be found in the following article.
For those who would like to get a contemporary education in the marketing field in accordance with the University of Hertfordshire's bachelor program.
A mandatory requirement for admission to the program is the availability of at least one successfully completed year of study in the university's higher education program (regardless of the previous specialization) and the availability of an IELTS certificate (at least 6.0).
For graduates of Russian secondary schools with a certificate of full (general) secondary education, we will offer an annual Foundation for Business and Marketing (Level 3) course, after which students will be able to fully meet the requirements of the University of Hertfordshire and the UK higher education system for admission to this bachelor's program.
Knowledge and Understanding
- The key marketing concepts, practices and underpinning theory
- Utilize cognitive skills of critical thinking
- Integrate marketing theory using contemporary case studies, simulations, guest speakers and links with live projects
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Work effectively in a team
- Make use of effective problem solving and decision making using appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Work independently, effectively and to set deadlines
- Make effective use of Information Technology
- Demonstrate the ability to use academic, enterprise and employability skills in both scholarly and work-based environments
- Operate in the dynamic global arena and to appreciate contemporary and cross- cultural difference
Marketing Data Analysis (15 credits)
Principles of Marketing (15 credits)
Digital Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
Creativity, Technology and Innovation (15 credits)
Professional Development (30 credits)
Foundations of Economics for Marketers (15 credits)
Introduction to Marketing Communications (15 credits)
Product Innovation (15 credits)
Enhancing Employability in Marketing (15 credits)
Strategic Marketing Planning (15 credits)
Service Marketing (15 credits)
Managing People (15 credits)
Enterprise (15 credits)
Consumer Behaviour (15 credits)
Optional Modules (select one module):
Business Analysis Tools (15 credits)
Understanding Customers (15 credits)
Business to Business Marketing (15 credits)
Market and Social Research (30 credits)
Strategic Brand Management (15 credits)
Global Marketing Ethics and Culture (15 credits)
Contemporary Issues in Marketing (15 credits)
Optional Modules — select 30 credits, 15 credits per Semester:
Industry Practice for Marketing (15 credits)
Sales and Key Account Management (15 credits)
Managing Media and Communications (30 credits) AB
Small Business and Entrepreneurship (30 credits) AB
To enroll to the course you have to submit an application, as well as a list of documents (see below), a motivation letter and a valid IELTS certificate (6.0 or higher)
- All applicants from countries where English is not the preferred language of communication, must provide a valid English language certificate — IELTS, at least 6.0 or higher (academic module, minimum 5.5 for each unit). CAE, FCE and TOEFL certificates, issued no more than 2 years before the date of submission of the document to the admissions office of the BHSAD, are also accepted.
- Full (general) secondary education and at least 1 year of higher education (with positive grades in subjects) for a bachelor's degree program, specialty, or completed higher education (regardless of specialization). For high school graduates, the successful completion of the Foundation's Business and Marketing yearly course will be the basis for the transfer to this bachelor's program (subject to validation by the University of Hertfordshire).
- Personal Statement / motivation letter - no more than 2 pages of text (in English)
The last day of submission of the package of documents will be approved in 2020.
The level of Level 6 (the last year of study in the undergraduate program) can be completed at BHSAD in Moscow or at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK.
Will be announced later.
For applicants applying for the Year 1 program of 3-year British higher education, the decision to enroll is based on the submission of the following documents:
- Valid IELTS certificate (or equivalent)
- Evidence of completed secondary \ secondary vocational education, as well as at least one successfully completed years of higher education program (including positive grades in all subjects of the 1st year of study) or Diploma of Higher Education
- Personal Statement \ Motivation letter
For high school graduates, the successful completion of the annual rate BHSAD Foundation Business and Marketing will be the basis for a transfer to this barchelor program.
During the recruitment campaign, the selection committee appoints the dates for consideration of documents whose timetable will be published. The applicant will be informed in writing (by e-mail) about the result within 5 working days from the date of the decision. The Admissions Committee is entitled to request additional documents relating to the incomplete higher education to confirm the success of the results for at least the first year of study.
Submission of documents to the Admissions Committee is possible on any business day after filling out the application (on the website). When submitting documents, it is necessary to submit originals, including passports, copies of which in the presence of the entrant will be certified by the staff of the Admission Committee.