BA (Hons) Photography programme is validated by University of Hertfordshire.
Graduates will become competent practitioners in photographic processes including both analogue and digital technologies; be conversant with the history of photography and critically aware, being able to evaluate, discuss and analyze the photographic image and the cultural contexts in which it operates. They will have knowledge and understanding of the contemporary world and the key issues and debates, such as internationalization and globalization, the debates concerning the veracity of both image and message, emerging technologies and digital media consumption that are shaping the future of the profession.
Students are encouraged to be ambitious and self-motivated, to understand the importance of collaboration and networking opportunities and to have a flexible approach to problem solving.
Starting from May 2020 programmes that cover different areas of contemporary art become a part of a new BHSAD and Universal University platform — Moscow School of Contemporary Art.
What makes the programme unique
Only BA (Hons) Photography programme in Russia
More than just photographers
Fully-equipped photo studios
Analogue photography labs
Student final degree shows
Modern IT services and equipment rental
- Photography Practices 30 credits
- Digital Environment 30 credits
- Photography: Histories and Cultures (C&CS) 30 credits
- Experimental Projects 30 credits
- Professional Development 30 credits
- Photography Assignments 30 credits
- Photography: Application and Cultures (C&CS) 30 credits
- Negotiated Photography Projects 30 credits
- Professional Portfolio 30 credits
- Photography L6 Degree Essay / Report 30 credits
- Enterprise and Employability in the Photographic Industries 15 credits
- Concepts and Planning 15 credits
- Degree Major Project 30 credits
- English exam
- Portfolio assessment
- Entry interview
During the admission exams, the admissions staff will arrange a convenient date and time for demonstration of portfolio and interview, after that, the matriculant will be allowed to pass the English test.
English test is not required for students from English-speaking countries or if an IELTS or equivalent certificate is produced. For international students we can organise skype entry interviews. In such cases the portfolio can be sent via email.
Required level of English
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English);
- FCE (First Certificate in English).
If a prospective student does not have an IELTS certificate of the required level but successfully passed BHSAD English test as part of BHSAD entrance exams, he/she needs to obtain an IELTS certificate before the start of the first semester on Year 1.
You may be asked about the history of creation of a particular work and the context of its creation. The panel may ask you about well-known designers to learn about the influence of creative activities of other designers and artists on you, the reason why you follow them and the main incentive for your development in terms of your occupation.
How can I apply?
- online application form
- copy or the original of previous education certificates and academic qualifications.
- 2 photos 3×4
- copy of your passport
After the necessary documents are provided you need to sign the contracts. For applicants under 18 presence of one of the parents is required. More details about the application process can be found in the “How to apply” section of the website.