This course will provide a grounding in the key principles and stages of Product, Service and UX Design, as well as the opportunity to practice using Design techniques, tools and processes that can be incorporated into your everyday work to help you develop new ideas and better solutions.
You will learn a range of Design techniques and processes to help you come up with better solutions, new ideas and more user centered services and products. During the course students will get an insight into the fundamentals of product design research, will know the role of prototyping in UX design and how to use UX design in the context of New Product Development. Students will learn how to apply creative thinking methods to a wider range of disciplines, not just art and design.
This course is for you if:
- you are interested in understanding more about transferable design skills and how you can develop your knowledge and skills in this area;
- you want to help your organisation to develop new initiatives, designs and implement new services, or be more creative, agile and future-focused;
- you are looking for a career change and want to do more design for social good.
The course is taught in English. Required level of English for participants is IELTS 6 or higher.
- Design ethnography and user research
- Experience prototyping
- Prototyping for innovation
- User testing
- Introduce Service Design techniques into your daily work and your organisation’s current practices
- Find new ways to analyse and understand a problem
- Understand your users and spot opportunities to develop solutions that meet their needs
- Develop new services, programmes or products.
- Generate more creative ideas to solve complex problems
- Prototype, test and verify new ideas quickly and cheaply