The source is a great opportunity for the students to gain knowledge and experience in using local products and waste for textile production, which can then be applied to clothes, accessories or interior pieces. Sustainable approach to textiles and recycling.
This course is for general public interested in textile design and craft practices.
- Natural mordants and fixatives
- Patterns and shibori techniques
During the course you will learn:
- What products can be sources of natural dye
- Which fabrics and materials can be dyed and how to prepare them for better results
- Various techniques and processes of natural dyeing and colour transformation and development
- How to make the colours and prints last and how to care for the dyed fabrics
- a series of textile tests
- a set of dyed pieces based on the tests (scarf, bag, t-shirt)