Each session will be a mix of lectures, demonstrations, and practical exercises. Through the practical work you will also become familiar with both basic and advanced typographic features of Adobe InDesign. At the end of the course you will have designed and produced a complete publication.
The course is suitable for professionals that have a need to design and produce well-made publications, and also for anyone that would like to discover how to work with texts and images on the printed page.
The course will consist of a mix of lectures and discussions, practical workshops, project work and group critiques.
This course is for:
- Everyone with an interest in producing readable, well-made printed publications.
- Graphic Designers that would like to try a non-dogmatic text-centric approach to typesetting
The course will lean more the arty-conceptual-speculative side of design. It would suit “generalist”communication designers that work across a broad range of media-projects.
The course is taught in English. Required level of English for participants is IELTS 6 or higher.
- The major “types” of typefaces
- Designing from the inside-out
- Choices that make text easier to read
- A typographic “scale” for any text/content
- Choosing a page size
- Putting things on the page
- Bringing images & text together
- Dealing with detail
- Paper and printing
- Working knowledge of how the visual relationships that make text comfortable to read
- The ability to execute detailed typographic work with Adobe InDesign
- A completed printed publication based on texts and images of your choice