The course aims to provide a learning environment that will allow the students to build a conceptual, visual and technical ‘toolbox’ that will enable them to formulate and execute solutions to complex design problems.
We encourage our students to set aside traditional disciplinary divisions, and to engage in an open exploration of the unprecedented range of methodologies, processes, and media that a contemporary designer can operate within.
At the time of graduation students will have developed an individual approach to the field of graphic design, will be confident in their own intellectual and aesthetic decisions, and they will have the skills to promote themselves and their work to potential employers and clients.
Britanka Degree Show 2022
What makes the programme unique
An international career
Award winning work
Think it. Make it.
Hardware & Software
- Visual Communication (45 credits)
- Graphic Design Essentials Part 1 (45 credits)
- C&CS Level 4 Graphic Design and Illustration (30 credits)
- Graphic Design Essentials Part 2 (45 credits)
- Graphic Design Professional Development (15 credits)
- Graphic Design Live Projects (30 credits)
- C&CS Level 5 Graphic Design and Illustration (30 credits)
- Graphic Design Advanced Practice Part 1 (30 credits)
- Graphic Design Advanced Practice Part 2 (60 credits)
- Graphic Design and Illustration L6 Degree Essay (30 credits)
Required level of English
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English);
- FCE (First Certificate in English).
If a prospective student does not have an IELTS certificate of the required level but successfully passed BHSAD English test as part of BHSAD entrance exams, he/she needs to obtain an IELTS certificate before the start of the first semester on Year 1.
You may be asked about the history of creation of a particular work and the context of its creation. The panel may ask you about well-known designers to learn about the influence of creative activities of other designers and artists on you, the reason why you follow them and the main incentive for your development in terms of your occupation.